Making Austin Affordable
- The affordability crisis in Austin is not just about high property taxes and high rents in Austin.
- High cost of living comes from wasteful spending and initiatives, as well as local leaders not effectively managing our taxpayer dollars.
- I will hold city departments accountable and seek comprehensive reviews and audits of city departments.
- In addition to the neglected, mishandled and abusive fees and regulations from antiquated and manipulative ATX leadership and their favored connections that needs to go, we need to expand developments appropriately east of I35, north of 183, west of Mopac and south of Ben White.
We need a safer community
- Austin once had a reputation for being a safe city, and we will restore that reputation by ensuring our first responders are fully staffed and have the resources needed to fulfill its duties.
- I will focus on offensive and proactive strategies to addressing the cycle of crime while also addressing legitimate concerns over policing in our District.
We need effective forms of transportation
- How we have been addressing traffic and public transportation is not working!
- I will work with industry leaders and experts to come up with affordable and effective ways for Austin to be more mobile without asking homeowners and renters for more money.
- I will hold Project Connect leaders accountable for transparency in project design and cost.
Caring for Austinites
- Breaking the cycle and honing in on the root causes of homelessness will be a top priority to address in District 3.
- We will focus on compassionate and effective services and strategies that helps and not hurts those experiencing homelessness.
- We will work with county, state and federal legislators to make sure mental health funding is brought back to the states.
Serving the people of Austin
- We need to ensure that all core and essential city services are operating efficiently and effectively.
- I will make sure wages and benefits are competitive and fair across the board in all city positions.
- We will cut wasteful spending to show accountability and transparency for the taxpayer dollars of Austin’s property owners and renters.
Making sure all residents are thriving
- Most of Austin’s residents including renters and homeowners are struggling through the affordability crisis.
- I will focus on limiting government to stay out of your lives so you can make your own choices on how you want to live and raise your families.
- You have a right to make sure your business and jobs stay open, while ensuring the community stays safe.